The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Google Phone. View previous topic View next topic Go down
Tkracing
Administrator

Male
Age : 47Number of posts : 1446My Device : Blackberry/Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : Cali

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:51 pm

The next hot phone is on the horizon. Its called the HTC Dream and it will be the first phone to be running Google's open source operating system, known as Android. This phone has been called the IPhone killer, and will offer many features not currently available on mobile phones (stuff like GPS integration with Google Maps). The phone is rumored to be released in the United States sometime in Oct 2008, and will be exclusive to T-mobile. Cost will be around $200 US with a 2 year contract. No word yet if AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon will also have Android based phones, or if and when Adroid based phones willl be released otuside the United States, but I'm sure alot of people are already making plans to get it.

Last edited by Tkracing on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:04 pm

^ Gotta love those rumors, eh? !!!! Could be . . . if Google actually gets "Android" up and running. It will be great to see it if they do.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Tkracing
Administrator

Male
Age : 47Number of posts : 1446My Device : Blackberry/Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : Cali

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Qarea51 wrote:
^ Gotta love those rumors, eh? !!!! Could be . . . if Google actually gets "Android" up and running. It will be great to see it if they do.

So with a release date for the phone already you dont think they will?
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:39 pm

^ I would think they couldn't release it if "Android" isn't ready for prime time, right. Good word is that it isn't, at least right now.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:45 pm

I wonder how people get to beta test that stuff, man I wish I was in an elite circle of beta testers...
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:51 pm

^ HTC is very big in the UK so I suppose they've had folks there doing some beta testing inside or outside of the company.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male
Age : 33Number of posts : 1572My Device : Samsung RANTCarrier : Sprint PCSLocation : MI

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 pm

I hope it comes to Sprint. Google will deliver...maybe not in the next 30 days, but....
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Cirruslyloud wrote:
I hope it comes to Sprint. Google will deliver...maybe not in the next 30 days, but....
may be ? for sure they wont

You (Guest) wrote 0 posts since you registered ().
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Tkracing
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Qarea51 wrote:

Looks like they did. Smile

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080923/ap_on_hi_te/tec_google_phone_14

Male
Age : Number of posts : 142My Device : SMT5800Carrier : VerizonLocation : California

View user profile

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:06 pm

My prediction is coming true about an android phone being released in October. And it looks like the HTC Dream. I thought Sprint would be first, but this is a great move for T-Mobile. At $199 with a $25 data plan, this will be very competitive. The only thing that bothers me is that all the images show a matte black device. What happened to the typical glossy HTC look. I hope the final version released is actually glossy. It just doesn't look as classy without it.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:11 pm

Tkracing wrote:
Qarea51 wrote:

I'll be gettin me to the Verizon store to play with it when they get it - I'm soooo curious to see Android work.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Tkracing
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:19 pm

Qarea51 wrote:
Tkracing wrote:
Qarea51 wrote:

I'll be gettin me to the Verizon store to play with it when they get it - I'm soooo curious to see Android work.

+1 cant wait. Just to check it out.

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Google Phone. View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |