The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Google Chrome EULA Claims Ownership of Everything You Create on Chrome View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 am

Google Chrome EULA Claims Ownership of Everything You Create on Chrome, From Blog Posts to Emails

So, are you enjoying the snappy, clean performance of Google Chrome since downloading yesterday? If so, you might want to take a closer peek at the end user license agreement you didn't pay any attention to when downloading and installing it. Because according to what you agreed to, Google owns everything you publish and create while using Chrome. Ah-whaaa? Update: It was a copy & paste mistake, apparently, and the offending language is being removed as we speak. Thanks, Googe!

Here are the juicy bits in question:

11. Content license from you
11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.

What say you, Google overlords?
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
mtg1974
Almost Member

Male
Age : 42Number of posts : 15My Device : Motorola QCarrier : SprintLocation : Fort Worth, Texas

View user profile

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

What "services" are they talking about here? Are they talking about feedback you leave on their forum about your experience with Chrome or are they talking about anything you do with Chrome on any website? If it's the latter does that mean that they're watching and recording every move you make?!? If so then I think I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male
Age : 33Number of posts : 1572My Device : Samsung RANTCarrier : Sprint PCSLocation : MI

View user profile

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 pm

I don't think I do anything on the internet that I wouldn't mind them taking ownership of. They're gonna claim my email? Maybe they'll change my myspace page? Doesn't seem like a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 am

I interpreted this as, anything you send to google they own....no? like if i post with google or something
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:34 am

^ EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!! SCARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Google Chrome EULA Claims Ownership of Everything You Create on Chrome View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com