The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Google's new Web Browser - Google Chrome BETA View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

View user profile

Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Check it out @ Http://www.google.com/chrome

More information about basic features and pics available @ Google Chrome
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:48 pm

So far, I really like it, and it automatically installed all of my bookmarks, links toolbar, and history from FireFox. It also features the incognito mode.... Cool new way to add bookmarks.... In browser download box....

ONE MAJOR PROBLEM it doesn't display the reply boxes for our forum and when you go to edit a post with it, it behaves wierd and like "writes" (like insert was pushed in ms word) over the next characters, but like 4-5 seconds later it puts em back.

I did report these errors through the page button and report a bug or error....
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
brandon

Male
Age : Number of posts : 528My Device : Moto Q9cCarrier : VerizonLocation : Houston TX, USA

View user profile

Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:01 am

I downloaded it..and was reading the TOS.

I googled it (Ironic..huh?) and look what I found..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10030522-56.html
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:21 am

I see nothing wrong with any of that, most it tends to relate to their side products....so far the browser is sweet but if it doesn't work on smartappsworld I won't use it. just cuz i visit here so much. What is your interpretation....I read elsewhere that google had wierd privacy practices....so I read it as well...which I (prolly should) almost never do
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
b5fan

Male
Age : Number of posts : 142My Device : SMT5800Carrier : VerizonLocation : California

View user profile

Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm

MagicMan wrote:
ONE MAJOR PROBLEM it doesn't display the reply boxes for our forum and when you go to edit a post with it, it behaves wierd and like "writes" (like insert was pushed in ms word) over the next characters, but like 4-5 seconds later it puts em back.

I'm posting from Chrome right now. The quick reply box at the bottom of the screen doesn't work, but the standard reply works fine. I also see the pause thing your talking about, but I think it has to do with the screen refresh. If you move the cursor around, it updated and goes back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:24 pm

strangest glitch tho as no other browser has ever done this you know
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
b5fan

Male
Age : Number of posts : 142My Device : SMT5800Carrier : VerizonLocation : California

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:37 am

Another strange thing is the location of the tab. In full screen, it lines up with the top of my screen, when in a window it doesn't line up with the minimize/restore/close buttons anymore. Do you see that?
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male
Age : 33Number of posts : 1572My Device : Samsung RANTCarrier : Sprint PCSLocation : MI

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:08 am

With a few quirks worked out, this might be my new browser
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male
Age : 33Number of posts : 1572My Device : Samsung RANTCarrier : Sprint PCSLocation : MI

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:13 am

browsing from it now. Seems very smooth. Thanks for the link! cheers
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 am

for sure....I like it too....supposedly it loads things faster as well....where the hell is the home button.....
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:08 am

Its not on there by default. Click the wrench, go to options, check the box to put "hom" on the toolbar
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:50 am

Microsoft pattent? those asshats have like 10,000+ I guess i cannot blame em, it is business, and I would do the same if it was me, thanks for the tip, i was really wondering and only spent like 5 min with it before I went to work

+1 thanks
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:02 pm

no problem
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
jhoff05

Male
Age : 30Number of posts : 273My Device : q9cCarrier : usccLocation : dubuque iowa

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:53 pm

i used it for a sec and said uh..ok...and went back to firefox
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Yeah, I guess I like to have browsers and stuff.....and once it works out some quirks it is pretty good little browser...

but i still have to love firefoxs' skins and themes for their browsers....
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
mtg1974
Almost Member

Male
Age : 42Number of posts : 15My Device : Motorola QCarrier : SprintLocation : Fort Worth, Texas

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:57 pm

I just don't trust Google. They're into too many things. I think they're gathering too much information on all of us (not that I have anything to hide). Unfortunately for searching the internet for stuff they can't be beat.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:36 am

The browser, IMHO, is loading pages faster. But as MM08 stated, I'd still prefer firefox because of the add-ons. But I think this could be a VERY notable browser in the future.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
brandon

Male
Age : Number of posts : 528My Device : Moto Q9cCarrier : VerizonLocation : Houston TX, USA

View user profile

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:23 am

Cirruslyloud wrote:
The browser, IMHO, is loading pages faster. But as MM08 stated, I'd still prefer firefox because of the add-ons. But I think this could be a VERY notable browser in the future.

I agree
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:00 pm

Google Chrome Power User Guide....

Really neat article highlights the badassness of Chrome!

http://lifehacker.com/5045904/the-power-users-guide-to-google-chrome
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
b5fan

Male

View user profile

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:37 pm

b5fan wrote:
Another strange thing is the location of the tab. In full screen, it lines up with the top of my screen, when in a window it doesn't line up with the minimize/restore/close buttons anymore. Do you see that?

Reading the article MM mentioned, there is actually a fix for the text box problem. You can resize it. I didn't notice but the text box has just been reduced. If you drag it, the box gets bigger and you can enter your comment.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
b5fan

Male

View user profile

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:39 pm

^

Oops. Quoted the wrong part. I was referring to the error where you can't see the quick comment box on at the bottom of the posts.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Perfect.....I just hope netflix makes their crappin site either work well on firefox or chrome soon! (the instant play part)
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:48 am

Google Chrome has skins now....I see a few on DA

If you're not familiar then I'll link to 'em when I get a chance. Seem pretty neat!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
hughem

Male
Age : Number of posts : 245My Device : Moto Q 9cCarrier : VerizonLocation : South Pasadena, CA

View user profile

Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:14 am

b5fan wrote:
MagicMan wrote:

I'm posting from Chrome right now. The quick reply box at the bottom of the screen doesn't work, but the standard reply works fine. I also see the pause thing your talking about, but I think it has to do with the screen refresh. If you move the cursor around, it updated and goes back to normal.

I posted from Chrome to this board too -- ONCE! The second time I went to a forum thread the reply entry box was tiny (less than 1 line high). I sent a screen shot to Google on it, then I un-installed Chrome.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:01 am

hughem wrote:
b5fan wrote:
MagicMan wrote:

I posted from Chrome to this board too -- ONCE! The second time I went to a forum thread the reply entry box was tiny (less than 1 line high). I sent a screen shot to Google on it, then I un-installed Chrome.

SMART MOVE !!!!! I love when the rest of the world gets to "guinea pig" for the rest of us "cautious" folks 'til the app is REALLY ready for prime time !! HA !!!

Last edited by Qarea51 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Google's new Web Browser - Google Chrome BETA View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Private forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum