The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Motorola Q9h gets Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM upgrade View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:21 pm

Motorola Q9h gets Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM upgrade
August 18, 2008 [MS Smartphone] | By Edward J. R.

Jump from Windows Mobile 6 to Windows Mobile 6.1 means much more for phones without touchscreen (previously called "smartphones")...

Among the changes that Windows Mobile 6.1 brings to Motorola Q9h are: easier zooming-in/out in Internet explorer, copy and paste, threaded SMS.

To get the download visit Motorola download page for Q9h.

Motorola is not particularly active in Windows Mobile area lately but there are rumors that Motorola Alexander is coming soon - with high-quality camera and QWERTY keyboard. However Motorola has serious troubles as a company due to slow sales so we cannot be certain of anything when it comes to this corporation.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

View user profile

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm

would love to see the new Moto phone

You (Guest) wrote 0 posts since you registered ().
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:43 pm

Sir Duke wrote:
would love to see the new Moto phone

It's been in the wind for a month or so but no pics or real specs yet. ME TOO !!!!!

Right now I'd be happy with the "Napoleon" if Verizon gets off their arse !!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

View user profile

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:02 pm

This is the new motorola alexander, not even close to as cool as the q series in style...looks like its a slider that covers the buttons up, but those darn buttons look flat

Based on early rumors from BGR, the Motorola Alexander is going to be powered by Windows Mobile. Whether itís going to be Windows Mobile 6.1 or 7 is yet to be determined. If the rumor is right, the Alexander should arrive in Q4 of this year, which means itíll most likely have Windows Mobile 6.1 - Windows 7 is still a year out.

The Alexander is purported to also have a 5-8 megapixel camera, NVIDIA chip that handles the 3D graphics rendering and aGPS.

Itís possible that Motorolaís last stand rides on the success of this phone codenamed Alexander.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
mtg1974
Almost Member

Male
Age : 42Number of posts : 15My Device : Motorola QCarrier : SprintLocation : Fort Worth, Texas

View user profile

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:02 pm

I saw a rumor that the Alexander may be the new Q11. The picture above is a pretty bad picture. The phone may not be as bad as it looks. I know the pictures of the Q9m (first Q9 phone) didn't look that great but in person the phone looks awesome.

I helped a coworker upgrade his Q9h to 6.1 the other day. 6.1 is really pretty.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Male
Age : 33Number of posts : 1572My Device : Samsung RANTCarrier : Sprint PCSLocation : MI

View user profile

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:35 am

WM6.1 is REALLY pretty.

I'm hoping that mtg is correct in thinking that this is just bad pic. Otherwise, this phone will never be in my possession.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Motorola Q9h gets Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM upgrade View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com