Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Flexilis Mobile Security Beta View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

View user profile

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:01 pm

the best app for backing up sms messages is PIMbackup which is free and can be found in our downloads section

You (Guest) wrote 0 posts since you registered ().
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Flexilis
Almost Member

Male
Age : Number of posts : 15My Device : HTC S620Carrier : T-MobileLocation : Los Angeles, CA

View user profile

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback so far. :-) We've definately come quite a way since november, including fixes like the q9c bug and others, we've got an awesome crack team of developers that rock when it comes to mobile.

SD: I *mostly* agree on the comment about PIMBackup, I've used it quite a bit, it's been a solid program, the problem though is you have to make sure you make the extra effort to go move your backed up file somewhere else, etc. Where as Flexilis does regular backups of things like sms messages once it's setup, and backs them up to the cloud, so that if anything happens to your phone, the second you get a new one or the oem sends it back cleaned off or any other number of situations, you can download flexilis and have your data restored in no time, no need to worry about managing the backed up pimbackup file, etc.

We used to not have sms backup available, but due to programs like pimbackup, we knew this was something people would want and need, and even in a way that's less hassle for them to deal with.

Per the firewall questions, you'd be surprised how often port scans are hitting your phone, that apps like symantec dont tell you about. But the real eye opener is for a lot of verizon customers, who's devices are actually sitting right on the internet with public IP addresses and pingable, where as most other carriers NAT their devices, and have other misc filtering in place.

Thanks to all of you who are testing this out and giving your feedback, mailing us for support at support [at] flexilis [dot] com, and more, It's been a great help towards creating an amazing security app that the world needs and will need even further as more mobile devices are targeted and attacked in the future. We're thankful that we have your assistance testing this, to help us save the world, one mobile phone at a time. :-)
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:51 pm

I think that no beta tester should EVER have to pay for an app as long as they live. -Q
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

View user profile

Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:38 am

At least like a 12 month license or something....but again it all depends on participation and how many they gave out....but everyone is different....as they are on the cusp I think with the security suite. Could be marketed to business....versus end user

On a side note, I did have to uninstall, and will be reporting about it to Flexilis. Upon rebooting when the program crashed or froze open on my phone screen, moto q9c, sprint, win mo 6.1, the phone crawled to a dead stop and pretty much froze until I rebooted it like 3-4 times by taking the battery out. I was then able to close the flexilis client, and crawl over to sktools and uninstall. This appears to be an issue when the program crashes....

Also, when the phone reboots it loses the "blocked" attacks....this could be an issue when people reboot their phones automatically at say 4am everyday.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Flexilis
Almost Member

Male
Age : Number of posts : 15My Device : HTC S620Carrier : T-MobileLocation : Los Angeles, CA

View user profile

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Crash: got the support request, and will reply soon. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:37 pm

Sir Duke wrote:
the best app for backing up sms messages is PIMbackup which is free and can be found in our downloads section

ABSOLUTELY !!!! +1 for The Duke !!!!!!!! -Q
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:44 pm

People on all the forums are giving this company a tough time....I say I am willing to help out if it furthers the development of better software that is not already out....but I cannot really chastise anyone for riding them about it, it is a free world generally afterall. However, nowadaze in America, we are GUILTY until we PROVE ourselves innocent in the court of law! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm

^Well, ya know Crash, people HATE spam and that's the way this company is showing up on these forums. It's just the WRONG way to approach getting a product off the ground. SD allowed it here and that's his prerogative but I still think it stinks to high heavens and not only would I not support the product myself, I'd strongly suggest that everyone else does not JUST because of the unprofessional/unethical approach of this guy. That's my stand and I'm stickin' to it. -Q
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Flexilis
Almost Member

Male

View user profile

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:59 pm

Thanks crash. We honestly dont mind the criticism, it keeps us working hard and motivated to fight that much harder to improve the Flexilis software. We're just here to do our part to help keep the world a little more safe and protected, and to create an amazing product people can love and enjoy. :-)
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:06 am

Flexilis wrote:
Thanks crash. We honestly dont mind the criticism, it keeps us working hard and motivated to fight that much harder to improve the Flexilis software. We're just here to do our part to help keep the world a little more safe and protected, and to create an amazing product people can love and enjoy. :-)

BULLSHIT, JOHN . . . SICKENING TOTAL BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your business practice pretty much says who you are and IT SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

I know who you are, I know what you do, I know where you live . . . I know that you are full of BULLSHIT !!!!!!!

I'm out of this thread now, guys. I can't stand seeing good folks eating more of this crap. -Q
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Flexilis
Almost Member

Male

View user profile

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:36 am

One of the reasons we are here participating in forums like this is because when it comes to people who are enthusiastic about mobile technology, who know their stuff, and are passionate about it, and make amazing testers who are interested in trying out new things, forums like these are the best place. No where else will you find people who are just as crazy about mobile technology as we are. It's users like yourselves who can spot the biggest problems and bugs, give the best suggestions, feature requests, etc, first.

Thanks for all the testing and feedback so far, we appreciate it! :-)
- Chris / The Flexilis Team
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Flexilis beta 3 is now out and so far the freezing issue has been resolved.....and some other bugs have been taken care of as well. Check it out @ flexilis.com
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
THE-COPS

Male
Age : 42Number of posts : 334My Device : Moto Q9MCarrier : Verizon WirelessLocation : Florida

View user profile

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:54 am

Well I'm not gonna sit here and bash on some software developer..I don't know what "BS" QA is referring to.

The only thing that gets me with this guy's responses would be that his/her posts allmost always sound like a product advertisement ...or some pre-writtin in one of those sales pitch manuals.I'm sorry man.But that's what it looks like.

If you speak and act like a spammer,your going to be regarded as one.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Flexilis
Almost Member

Male

View user profile

Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:07 am

Crash: thanks for spreading the good word :-)

TC: we just try to stick to good forum etiquette, but also be here to answer any questions people have about it, what it does, and let people know it exists, etc.

Last edited by Flexilis on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 am

^GOOD FORUM ETIQUETTE . . . HA !!!

SPAM IS SPAM !!! YOU ARE SPAM !!!!!!

YOU have no name but a company that you hide behind.

Your ploy IS free advertising . . .

THAT'S SPAM. YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE !!!!! S P A M !!!!!

You have only one user here. You can email him. This topic is dead.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

View user profile

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:20 am

lets see whats gonna happen with this beta testers

PS Unlocked by ME.

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:28 pm

^
What ? . . . you're not a beta tester ? Hehehehe . . . Vaporwear pure BS vaporweare!
Just like BK - have it your way . . . wrong way or not - I don't get it, but BK any way. lol!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male

View user profile

Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:36 pm

no I'm not beta tester , but lets see if others are Wink

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Let's see . . .
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Flexilis
Almost Member

Male

View user profile

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:53 am

Thanks for the unlock, we're glad to be here and assist anyone who is testing, or answer questions, etc.
Thanks again!
-Chris

Sir Duke wrote:
lets see whats gonna happen with this beta testers

PS Unlocked by ME.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:39 am

^Yeah - and how's that workin' out for ya here Proof's in the pudding. eh.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Flexilis Mobile Security Beta View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Miscellaneous

:: 

Software Developers