The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Internet Explorer Mobile 6 only in new phones . . This is plain outrageous !!! View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:01 pm

Internet Explorer Mobile 6 only in new phones
November 18, 2008 [General] | By Edward J. R.

This is plain outrageous:

My name is Khush and I am from the Windows Mobile team.

Let me take this opportunity to respond to some of the questions raised:

1. IE Mobile 6 is expected to show up in devices at the end of 2008 or early 2009.

2. We understand your concerns about bringing IE 6 to the Windows Mobile platform. The features we deliver arenít always articulated and defined by version numbers. For instance, although this release is called Internet Explorer Mobile 6, there are components from other versions of Internet Explorer for the desktop. One example of that is the support for Jscript v5.7 which we brought over from Internet Explorer 8 for the desktop.

3. Regarding making IE Mobile available as a separate download or update, the rich media experiences that IE Mobile 6 enables require more powerful, advanced devices. That is why it will not be available as an upgrade or direct download for current phones, but rather will be made available on new phones.

To learn more, visit original source of this story about IEM6 only for new handsets (in the comments).
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2008/11/11/internet-explorer-mobile-6.aspx
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Internet Explorer Mobile 6 only in new phones . . This is plain outrageous !!! View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum