The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

USB Input program for Windows Mobile released View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:45 pm

USB Input program for Windows Mobile released
November 18, 2008 [General] | By Edward J. R.

Great program that allows you to use any USB mouse and keyboard with your Windows Mobile phone! Great solution although the problem may be: how to connect USB mouse and keyboard to a Windows Mobile phone if your existing cables don't support it...

More information from the vendor follows.

Teksoft launched the first public release of its USB HID Driver, named USBInput.

With USBInput, you can easily connect USB keyboards or mouses to your Pocket PC's USB Host connector, and start using your favorite input device.

Plug-in a simple optical USB Mouse and get a real cursor on the screen of your mobile device. Or connect an USB Keyboard and type emails faster, browse the internet easier, or play games more comfortable.

USBInput brings more fun and more productivity! USBInput 1.5 comes as a free trial version available on www.teksoftco.com
http://www.teksoftco.com/
Credit: Meda Chiorean by email.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
b5fan

Male
Age : Number of posts : 142My Device : SMT5800Carrier : VerizonLocation : California

View user profile

Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:16 pm

I don't think this will work on any cell phones. I don't know of a single cell phone that has a USB host controller. They all only have the USB client (not host) so this wouldn't work. The only things I think this might work on would be true PPC devices (like PDA's). They might actually have the host controller.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:21 pm

From their web site . . . Haven't tried it but it may work,eh?

Windows Mobile Compatibility
You can install USBInput on a Windows Mobile Device (Pocket PC or Smartphone), running Windows Mobile 5.0 and above. The USB Stack installed must be the Microsoft USB Stack.

Installing USBInput
To install the software on your mobile device, you need to download the CAB files from USBInput download page. If the CAB file is compressed with ZIP and the download comes as a ZIP file, you will need to extract the ZIP content to your Desktop, using the trial version of Winzip. Having the software CAB file, follow the next steps:
1.Open ActiveSync on your desktop
2.Click Explore.
3.Copy the file to your device. You can do this by dragging and dropping the file from the folder on your desktop to the My Documents folder for your device. On the device, open File Explorer:
4.Tap Start > Programs > File Explorer.
5.Open the folder that you copied the .CAB file into.
6.Tap the .CAB file or select the CAB file using the arrows and press the action button.
7.The application will install on your device.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
USB Input program for Windows Mobile released View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum