The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

For Russia with Love: HTC Max 4G - the first GSM WiMax phone View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:11 pm

For Russia with Love: HTC Max 4G - the first GSM WiMax phone - goes on sale in Russia
November 13, 2008 [Pocket PC phone] | By Edward J. R.

Updated: photos from the launch of this phone! see the end of this item!

WiMax is like WiFi but has much bigger range, higher speed rates and requires license to operate.

The most sophisticated phone from HTC - equipped with both WiMax and GSM - goes on sale in Russia, where in Moscow (12 million people) and St. Petersburg (5 million people) WiMax networks are running. Now this WiMax phone has already final name - HTC Max 4G, specficiations, price and official website:
the product page of this phone is not available at HTC's htc.com website, but it has home page at an operator that is branding it, ordered it from HTC and is selling it:
http://www.yota.ru/ru/htc_max_4g/main/
display resolution: 800x480 pixels
display size: 3.8 inch
cellular bands: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 900/1800/1900
(note: it was a lie in previous leaks - probably guessed from the thin air - that this device supports HSDPA)
microSD card slot
Bluetooth, WiFi (802.11b/g), Mobile WiMax (802.16e standard)
battery size: 1500 mAh
availability: by the end of November 2008
price: 28 900 Russian rubles (= 1046 US dollars = 840 Euros = 702 British pounds)
See also: photos from the launch event of HTC Max 4G in Russia.
http://picasaweb.google.ru/ekozlov/4GLaunchInRussia
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Nice . . . but for THAT price that baby needs to flip my pancakes and A LOT of other "stuff" !!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Tkracing
Administrator

Male
Age : 47Number of posts : 1446My Device : Blackberry/Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : Cali

View user profile

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:23 am

Sounds like a pretty nice phone. That price is high but if they could get it round half ($500) it could sell here.
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:26 am

True but ya wouldn't think too many folks are runnin' to scarf them up there either. Smile
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
For Russia with Love: HTC Max 4G - the first GSM WiMax phone View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com