The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Hardware: RFID reader for Windows Mobile available View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Hardware: RFID reader for Windows Mobile available
November 14, 2008 [Pocket PC phone] | By Edward J. R.

Unfortunately it uses full-size SD and not (currently de facto standar in Windows Mobile) microSD... but RFID is now very widely used everywhere, so it shows the potential of Windows Mobile!

Information from vendor follows.

DAILY RFID introduces SD Interface RFID Reader for PDA and Smartphones

DAILY RFID (www.rfid-in-china.com), supplier of RFID tags and RFID readers, has released 13.56MHz SD Interface RFID Reader in SD card format, designed to plug into laptop, PDA and smartphone device with a SD card slot. The SD Interface RFID Reader makes PDA and smartphone devices instantly transformed into cost-effective RFID readers and writers.

RFID reader in SD card format is in the ascendent because it opens a lot of application possibilities for Windows Mobile devices. With the SD Interface RFID reader, professionals can use their PDA and Smartphones as portable RFID terminals.

This SD Interface RFID Reader is capable of reading and writing most 13.56mHz HF RFID tag formats,including ISO/IEC 14443A,ISO/IEC 14443B or ISO/IEC 15693 RFID tags on the market,application such as warehouse management,food anti-counterfeiting,parcel tracking,quality controll,pharmaceutical management.

The SD Interface RFID Reader is compatible with devices running Microsoft Pocket PC 2002/2003 Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0, Palm OS4.1 or LINUX operating system. To transfer RFID tag information, it can use WiFi, CDMA, GSM or Bluetooth, thus giving this device rapid RFID capability.

You can visit http://www.rfid-in-china.com/products_701_1.html for more info about SD Interface RFID Reader.

Credit: Jack Pan
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

View user profile

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Would you use something like this? Sounds cool, but I donno I guess someone out there is jumping for joy Wink I remember people saying it could be used to say scan a upc and get a price quote online at other stores and crap
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Lot's of Um . . . "agencies" would. Smile Scary, huh?
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Hardware: RFID reader for Windows Mobile available View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum