The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Opera Mini 4.2 Beta for Java phones released View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Opera Mini 4.2 Beta for Java phones released, works with some Windows Mobile phones too
November 11, 2008 [General] | By Edward J. R.

Ed. NOTE: Don't think it will work on Q's yet. - Q

... and we have tested it in HTC Touch Diamond and it is extremely fast and comfortable in usage (note: this screen-shot is one to one, not scaled down):

Opera Mini is a browser that uses proxy servers (located in Norway - see image above) and among new features of new version is YouTube support that however is not displayed as Flash but as links of videos for streaming (works in HTC Touch Diamond by launching HTC's video streaming application). Other new features:

"The number of people using Opera Mini worldwide proves that there is a true revolution going on: people want to access all their favorite Web sites on the mobile phone they have today," says Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera. "We constantly focus on developing a faster and more personal browsing experience. Opera Mini 4.2 beta is an update that takes mobile Web browsing to the next level."

Opera Mini 4.2 beta provides a more personalized experience with its colorful selection of new skins, improved support for YouTube and other mobile video services on a wider selection of mobile phones. Improvements in Opera Link allow users to share notes between their mobile phones and PCs, in addition to their bookmarks and recently-visited URLs.

Opera Mini 4.2 beta is a free download from http://www.operamini.com/beta/ (navigate to this page with your Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer and click on download - if you have Java in your phone, then you will be able to use it).

Credit: Julie Sajnani from Opera + Michelle Valdivia from Opera.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Tkracing
Administrator

Male
Age : 47Number of posts : 1446My Device : Blackberry/Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : Cali

View user profile

Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:27 pm

I was going to ask Duke to try it out on the HTC. Lots of positive feedback from the HTC users. Smile
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

View user profile

Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 pm

^Yup - so I've heard. WISH that I could try it - Crash might. -Q
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

View user profile

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 pm

pocket pcs I think will be the future....I should sell my loaded q9c and get an htc whatever pro
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Male

View user profile

Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:15 am

^YOU may JUST be a visionary here, Crash !!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Opera Mini 4.2 Beta for Java phones released View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum